G-Anime is proud to announce its upcoming AMV contest (Anime Music
Video). AMVs are videos created by amateur based on a chosen song and
Japanimation scenes. It’s a way of redrawing anime and music as well as
sharing this wonderful passion between otakus.Eligibility
- The AMV contest is open to all except for judges and the con staff.
- Each participant can only send one AMV/GMV/M@D per category. A maximum of 2 AMVs can be sent per participant.
- MEPs (multi-editor projects)/Collabs are fine, but the team must
select someone responsible for the AMV (other members of the team will
still be able to send 2 AMVs).
- The AMV must be recent (2012). AMVs made exclusively for the G-AMV will get bonus point in the judgment.
- Plagiarism will be heavily sanctioned.
- Extreme violence (guts, decapitations, etc) and nudity (ecchi can be
accepted) are forbidden. Please bear in mind that the content of the
AMV should be suitable for an 13+ audience.
- There is no minimum or maximum length for the AMVs but please, avoid
having Intro or Credits longer than 20 seconds since no one really
reads them during the convention.
- Those who do not respect these rules might be disqualified.
- G-Anime reserves the right to disqualify any video for any other valid reason
- Deadline for sending a video is December 26th 2012.
- Every video must be sent via FTP, otherwise they WILL NOT be accepted.
- The FTP address on our server is:
- host: ftp.hyberia.net;
- port: 21;
- user: anonymous;
- pass: [aucun]
</li>The registration form can be found here: Formulaire-G-AMV-EN
A pre-selection will be made according to the criteria presented
below. Contestants will have a week to make adjustment, if necessary.
Every qualified AMVs will be broadcasted during the festival.
Special prizes will be given by the judges. There will be honorable mention for finalists.
Because of time constraint, some AMVs will not be broadcasted.
Rules regarding AMVs
Every submitted AMVs should respect these criteria:
- Every video format are accepted excepted .mov et .wmv (if you have
problem encoding, there is plentiful tutorial on Animemusicvideos.org or
other AMV communities)
- Recommended containers : avi, mkv et mp4
- Recommended codecs videos and audios: h.264, Xvid, mp3, aac
- Video must be of NTSC format and of a minimal resolution of 640×480 or 640×360 (16:9 ratio recommended)
- Any form of animation is allowed (American cartoon, anime, fan made creation).
Every contestant can send 2 AMVs but only one per category:
- X Category (Any AMV that does not belong to these categories)
- Kawai DESU! (see below)
For each category, AMVs will be judged according to these criteria:
- Editing –Evaluation of the technic aspect of the AMV : use of
special effects, adjustment of images to the music, transitions, etc.
- Quality – Evaluation of cinematographic aspect of the AMV : choice of music with the video sequence , coherent video, etc (30 %)
- Creativity – Evaluation of the originality of the AMV : unique
concept, particular use of some elements, etc. What makes the AMV unique
- Global appreciation – How the public loved the AMV (15 %)
- Good start – Registration form complete (5 %)
- Exclusivity – A bonus is attributed if it’s exclusive to the contest (+5 %)
Each category will have its own ranking except the category Kawai Desu!Prizes
Kawai Desu! Category
- Best Action/Upbeat AMV
- Best Drama/Romance AMV
- Best Comedy/Parody AMV
- Best Instrumental/Ambiant AMV
- Best X Category AMV
- Best Kawai Desu! AMV
- Public’s choice
For 2013, our mascot, Gamine, wants to celebrate the 5th year of
G-AMV. She would like you to use your editing skills in cuteness! Your
AMV only needs to be cute! Who will be brave enough to take on the